Creating Inclusive Spaces
Our Online Journal: The Story of How We Worked on Creating Inclusive Spaces
- Opening lines of communication
- Disrupting the “norms” Creating Inclusive Spaces
This inquiry includes:
- Our Story: A journey of two teachers going in the Inclusive Direction.
- Online Journal: Highlights our experiences and how we faced obstacles in creating Inclusive Spaces within our classrooms.
- Assessments: A collection of "tools" to support an Inclusive Community.
Mary Kaufmann & Julie Pagan are currently teaching at an Elementary school in the Bronx. Mary is a 5th grade teacher in an Integrated Co-Teaching Classroom. Julie is a 4th grade General Education teacher. Their involvement with the TCICP project has sparked an excitement for change within their classrooms while embracing the changes in education throughout New York City.