PBIS Positive Behavior Intervention Supports
I joined an Inquiry to Action Team with Teachers College Inclusive Classrooms Project. The focus of my group was Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS).
What is this inquiry?
This page is a toolkit, designed to give you information and resources that may be helpful in managing difficult student behavior and supporting positive behavior. You will find the following on this web page:
- A snapshot of my 10 month journey through an inquiry team at Teachers College
- A definition of PBIS
- Examples of behaviors displayed by a student who struggled with self-regulation
- Tools and examples of how to assess student behavior
- Examples of PBIS break systems used to support students who struggle with self-regulation
- A simple PBIS system
- A hands-on visual PBIS tool
- A PBIS system focused on 3 specific triggers of behavior
- A description of a school-wide PBIS system to address behavior in the school cafeteria
- PBIS Resources